It's Not About The Money

I tend to believe what we all want in life has nothing to do with money, but it has everything to do with finding your purpose for being here. In my humble opinion it's about service to others, it's very plain and simple to me. So what would service look like for you? Do you have a clear vision of how you can reach out and serve? Here's a thought for starters, it's never been about us. Our purpose is to be in community with others, and when you hit your stride, reach your bliss, get on purpose, you will be provided for abundantly. That is how it works....promise.

The drive to make money blocks it from flowing into our lives. It's about perception, focus, intent. Now I'm not saying if you're about to be thrown out of your home, and your kids are hungry, that you should just sit there. You will need to support yourself and working is the socially acceptable way to do that. But what about this economy and it's jobless rate? What about there being too few jobs and too many people needing to work just to feed their children? Their stories fill the evening news, they're our neighbors, everywhere. So while your purpose for the time being is to provide shelter and food and clothing, I would also say that it isn't a rut you need to dig yourself into. I know about ruts, I've written about the kind of rut I was in for so long, but what I'm saying here is that you can be lifted out of the rut of a dead end job if you change your focus, perception and intent.

A wise therapist once told me I would need to think outside the box in terms of meaningful and lucrative work. With so many jobs being obliterated and sent overseas, there comes a challenge now to create new lines of work. There are new niches to be filled, areas that have yet to be explored. Clearing the cobwebs out of our heads about what work "should" look like (and while we're at it, I vote to obliterate the word "should" from our vocabulary, so repeat after me: "Thou shalt not should on thyself from this day forward") and begin to open ourselves to endless possibilities. You and I have gifts residing within us that can be nurtured and if they are service based in any way, shape, or form, they will flourish given fertile ground. One of my favorite meditations in the morning is, "Help me to get out of my own way. Let me realize my work in this life is before me now, and even though I can't see it, it's there, and it's coming....into full expression". I would suggest staying open to the leadings and urgings that come, you know, those little thoughts that say, "try this, talk to this or that person, go down this street, take this turn", etc., you know what I mean, the little thoughts we squelch because, well, that won't work, that doesn't make sense. Again, getting out of one's own way, staying open....then acting on the direction we get, seems to me like true wisdom.

Simplistic you say? Maybe, but maybe not. Abundance is simple, and it's everywhere. When I see a penny or a nickel on the ground I pick it up and say "thank you". Perception, it's all about perception, and many times it needs adjusting during the day. To be miracle-minded is a natural state of being, we have just forgotten how.

Follow your path today....wherever it may lead you. And say, "Thank You"....it will be enough.

Until next time....blessings upon your heart.

Cindy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If We Have No Peace....

To Be Humble

Synchronicity